If you’re going to invest time in social media, you need to measure performance, but it can be difficult to identify relevant metrics. There’s no one-size-fits-all method of measuring social media success because goals vary from brand to brand. But you can certainly find ways to measure all the work you’re putting into your social presence.
Finding and mastering the key performance indicators (KPIs) for your digital marketing efforts is a top priority for marketers. Social media marketing comes under scrutiny often for its effectiveness and performance. It’s important to know how you’re measuring performance and mastering the metrics that matter.
Check out the infographic below and our latest e-book, 5 Steps to Effective Social Media Measurement, that will give you practical applications to help you:
- Create strong measurement objectives from the start.
- Weave social media into your customer service approach in a trackable way.
- Focus on the metrics that indicate a shift in the way your audience is viewing or interacting with your brand.
- Save money training employees by using social media tools.
- Determine which social media channels are best suited to boost your bottom line.
- Put a dollar value on social media metrics such as Facebook likes.
Developing an effective measurement strategy requires relevant data and the flexibility to tweak your tactics. There is no universal way to measure every social media initiative, but these calculations are at your disposal. Choose wisely and don’t overwhelm yourself. It’s up to you to choose what to track.
Want to embed this infographic on your own site? Use the code below: