This is one in a series of columns exploring the examples and trends highlighted in The Best of the Email Swipe File.
Type: Promotional email
Send date: 4/14/2013
Subject line: Textured Summer Knits + London Lives Video
“Designed in nice screen-sized chunks with large images and big buttons, this “mobile aware” email is perfect for tablets, but still functional on smartphones. Unlike many brands, this UK retailer also made their navigation bars at the top and bottom of their email mobile-friendly.”
—Abul Kashim Siddique, Senior Design Consultant, EMEA
View this Reiss email on Pinterest >>
This Reiss email is part of the MOBILE-FRIENDLY trend:
The wide screens of desktops are being rapidly replaced by more modest tablet screens and challengingly small smartphone screens, and the pixel-precision of mice is being replaced by fingers on touchscreens. This transition is having a dramatic effect on email design and ushering in a variety of new tactics.
1. BrightWave Swipe File Response: Reiss (video)
2. Designing for the Mobile Inbox (whitepaper)
3. Design Tips: Mobile + Email (guide)
4. Designing for the Mobile Inbox (video)
5. The Many Gradations of Mobile Email Design (column)
6. JCPenney’s Mobile Aware Email Makeover (column)